Thursday, October 13, 2011

wedding gown shopping with the h2b? why not chocnut!

i can see eyes as big as saucers right now, lol........ i know what you're thinking, that there should be an element of surprise........ or that it's bad luck.... or that i just used that title to catch your attention......

welllllllll, yes, the subject is there to catch your attention but its the truth too....

remember what we did with the second engagement ring? the h2b wants me to choose my own ring because he wants to make sure i like and that i'm happy with my engagement ring..... so we shopped together, chose the finalists and then i made the h2b choose from the finalists  and told him not to tell me until he's ready to give the second ring to me (ofcourse i still want to be surprised!).

anyway, so i thought of doing the same thing for my wedding gown..... i figured since he's the primary person i want to impress i want to make sure he'll like how i look when i walk down the aisle.....

we went to two bridal shops, coronet (a maggie sottero premium outlet) and david's bridal (because i want to try on all the gowns in my favorites list even if i know i can't wear some of them anymore)..... i want him to decide too which silhouette looks good on me..... actually it was still kinda early to shop for a wedding gown, early for our church wedding atleast but i want to see how i look like now in a wedding gown so i'll get inspired to lose weight (ie: now i know i need to make my arms to look thinner, masculado eh!)

so far i have tried on 8 maggie sottero, 1 allure and 12 from davids bridal (2 of which is from vera wang & 1 olleg cassini)...... and since i have tried on 21 gowns total on that single day (october 1, 2011) and plus because i tend to try on the same gowns 2-3 more times before we leave the shop, it overwhelms the h2b and he tends to forget which is which and i could use that to my advantage......i'm counting on him to forget what the gowns looked like and i just make sure i ask him right away if the gown i currently have on is something that he would want to see me wearing and if he said yes i include that in the "finalists"......... we still have 3 bridal shops to go to.....

he's a very good shopping buddy........... he's very patient and he actually enjoys shopping with me, (which is really a rare thing to happen to me, lol)............ he's a very good, in-your-face-no-sugar-coating critic and boy, you should hear him say stuff like "you look like a sack of potato there" or "that's an awful design" or "you can throw that out", lol ....... and mind you, some of those gowns he didn't like, i actually like so im really glad i took him with me.........  so far we have 5 finalists and the pictures below aren't one of them...... i displayed only those gowns that i'm 100% sure i won't be wearing because it would be inappropriate (there's 3 of them here & i'm sure some of you knows what i'm talking about) or simply because it just doesn't look good on me.........



anyway, come decision time, i'm hoping to find some girl friends who'll be willing to come with me and help me decide...... yes, that's when, ofcourse, i should have the h2b out of the loop......





0 comments:

Post a Comment