Monday, January 17, 2011

Tip from someone who got married in the Philippines to a foreigner husband

I suggest tagawan mo yung church kung san kayo ikakasal (or ask someone sa pinas). Baka may iba pang requirement for your husband kasi di sya catholic. I think he needs to undergo basic cathechism. Is he willing to be catholic?

Bring you marriage contract pag-uwi nyo for the church. Para di nakayo kumuha pa ng marriage license sa pinas, legal capacity from US embassy etc. (Essentially, skip nyo na yung civil requirements).

But I think it still better to call the church sa pinas para makuha mo lahat requirement. Sa barasoain church kami kinasal, we presented our marriage contract (certified by philippine embassy - check phil embassy website for requirement), and baptismal cert & confirmation cert (certified as issued "for marriage purposes"). And we still have to do the pre-cana, meeting with the priest etc.


Post a Comment